Thursday, August 17, 2006

Pepper Cats


Pepper cats are the cats that are a part of Princess Pepper Cloud and Mr. PPC's life. This blog was created to document the frisky lives of these precious beasts. Both Mr and Mrs PPC feel so lucky that we have these wonderful animals in our lives. They keep us smiling and happy even on the worst of days.
Introducting: Prancer (Big Cat), Peter (Piggy Peter Purple Paws) and Dahlia.


Prancer has been in our lives for 4 years now, we estimate him to be 5 years old. He was dumped at my mother-in-laws house (Vlad Beverly). Mr. PPC and I went up for a visit and I immediately fell in love with him. The thing is we didn't take him home that weekend. The whole next week, I couldn't get that cat out of my mind. I felt like we belonged together. Mr. PPC and I went back up the next weekend to collect him, in the process trading my bird "Hank" for Prancer. I never had a cat before only dogs because my Dad and Brother were both allergic to cats. We had dogs, so naturally I tried to play ball with Prancer and immediately put him on a harness and leash. Luckily this cat is my Cat-Soul-Mate and understood my intentions. The pictures below are Prancer playing ball and on his leash outside.




















I think my neighbors think I am the weird cat lady, because Prancer does like to take his walks up and down the block. He is not allowed to wander alone, so he gets walked on the leash. Well, they should appreciate the fact that my cats don't poop in their vegetable garden. Most of my neighbors think Prancer if very well behaved and hansome, even the vet says he is buffed.

Peter and Dahlia are the most recent additions to our family expanding us from a very controlled 3 to 5. These two were found in the bushes by the gardeners at my work. My boss and I have for the last three years been catching/fixing/releasing the feral cats in the field next to my work. We take turns on the weekends to make sure they all have food and water and we even have a small igloo doghouse for shelter when it rains. We have been able to keep the colony down to about 7 cats at a time, which goes up and down because we suspect people dump them in the field. Well, the two babies were from one of the ferals we were not able to fix, they barely had their eyes open when the gardeners found them, so we immediately went to the pet store and purchsed kitten-milk and bottles and began to bottle feed them. Furry Friends a local volenteer rescue group was very helpful at giving excellent instruction on how to keep the two alive.

No comments: